Sunday, April 5, 2009

Prospective Cyclists’ Meeting – Sunday 5th April

 
My involvement with Lifecycle goes back to 2001 when the Life Cycle 2001 Tri-Island Challenge took place in September covering areas in Malta, Gozo and Sicily.  Forming part of the back up team, my recollections are those of saying to myself – “what?? Me taking part in something like this?? Never!”

Eight years later, I am at the Mater Dei Hospital Renal Unit Conference Room, submitting my application form to the organizing committee. Prior to the start of the meeting I meet up with cyclists who have already participated in this event, some even more than once. The fact that they come back for more is encouraging although from the looks of it they are very experienced cyclists – something that I am not.



As the room fills in we settle down. Waiting in anticipation to hear what Alan has to say. Alan gives a detailed brief on what is expected of us, what we are going to be faced with. He does not mince his words which is fine really. I want the crude facts and figures so I can prepare myself both physically and psychologically.  



A visit and explanation of what services the renal unit offers, the amount of patients that undergo therapy here and further insight to what Lifecycle stands for convinces me more that my decision to participate is a good one.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment