Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bitter Sweet Symphony

I guess I lost the right to whinge and complain about up hills, cycling in the heat and during unearthly hours on Sunday 14th June.


Listening to the Nursing Officer and Transplant Co-Ordinator Anthony Bugeja explaining what patients and their families go through when they are faced with Renal disease is a humbling experience. Something which, I am not ashamed to admit, brought a tear to my eyes.

When I stop to think about it I realise how many things we take fore granted in our lives and how much we should be appreciative of what we have.





The satisfactory result I achieved in Sunday's time trial, which upon completion left me elated, pales in comparison with the success story of a two year old having a kidney transplant and a potential new lease of life.


We truly should be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Short ans sweet but message is there for all to reflect......

    ReplyDelete